Sunday, July 24, 2011

Trailer Swap!

About 6 months ago I did a project for a class. The idea was to take an already existing movie and make a new trailer for it, but do it in such a way that the trailer tricks the viewers who have never seen the movie to thinking it's a totally different genre than the actual movie really is. In short, an example is to take a comedy and make a trailer that makes it look like a psychological thriller or a horror movie, or vice versa.

So I picked one of my favorite Mike Judge movies; Office Space. I wanted to make it look like a mafia/gangster/drug cartel/violent/thug movie. It was extremely Fun trying to pull that off. The only downside to the project is that the trailer could not be more than 20 seconds long, so I had to work with what I had. I think the idea came out pretty clear though. Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment